Freitag, 29. Juli 2011

Dear Prince ...


you are the most talented musician alive, a gifted artist, songwriter, singer and you can "shake that ass" so well it's almost painful to look at.

But last night, you really annoyed me big time (I can't bring myself to write p**sed off in here.)

Here's why:

 At first I can hardly concentrate on work because I'm so excited to see you performing live on stage again.

We then have to drive to Cologne, which is not very funny on ze Görmän motorway at 5 pm. It took us 2 hours instead of the usual 45 minutes.

Apart from the € we spent on the tickets to see you we spent a lot of money on petrol, parking, food and drinks (and don't you think everybody can actually afford to get those tickets).

OK, here's a good part of the story: around 8 pm-ish we see you biking into the backstage area and walking to the stage. You're only a couple of metres away from us and my heart jumps frantically. And believe me, by this time my man is excited as well.

We then wait another 45 min. until you actually come on stage and start to perform. OK, no big deal (having to wait that long), I am happily screaming away and "shaking my ass" to your fantastic music and voice.

Until you leave the stage again. After 1 song. We ????, go to the toilet, get some more beer, go for a smoke and still ???

We hear rumours about "technical problems". So far so good. Our excitement is gone.

Until you come back on stage again, approx. 50 min. later. OK, forgiven, I still love you to pieces. You start to perform, you sing, you dance, you seem to be annoyed and so are some people in the audience because of the painful accoustics.

Anyway, all is forgotten and forgiven when you sing "Kiss" and dance. OMG, this is good, I say to myself, this is going to be one of the nights you won't forget. How right I was.

You sing another song, we dance, we are happy, my man is thanking me for the umpteenth time (you see, I gave him those tickets for his birthday - you could call it double expenses for moi).

And then, after about 50 min., the music stops abruptly, you leave the stage, the band leaves the stage, the lights turn on, the people start dismantling the instruments and stage. We are still not able to believe what's happening and trying to stop our dancing movements.

Did you actually break up the performance without saying good-bye, without another additional song, without anything? Yep, my dear Prince, that's what you did.

It didn't make us feel better to hear that your performance in Amsterdam (or elsewhere for that matter) lasted 3 hours. That the accoustics were perfect.

It didn't make us feel better to read in the papers that you were obviously pretty annoyed yourself.

Today, I still love your music but never ever again will I go and see you live on stage. I'm sorry man, that's not the way it goes.

Yours truly,

Thora


photo by Spiegel Online

For my German readers:

http://www.spiegel.de/kultur/musik/0,1518,777253,00.html
Not exactly a correct translation but it pretty well describes last night's desaster.

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen